I can't believe this is my last week in the 20's. On Friday I will hit the 30 week milestone!! Time, please slow down! I haven't really documented what's going on in the pregnancy so far, so here goes!!!
Symptoms: I still will have a wave of nauseau if I don't eat or chug water in the morning before eating. And sometimes that 'wave' will turn into full fledge morning sickness (if you know what I mean). But I haven't taken a Zophran pill since last Monday & that was my emergency stash. Before that it was probably closer to 21 weeks along. Some new symptoms I've been experiencing include: lower back pains, swollen ankles (especially with this heat!), leg cramps (which include charley horses at 4am & I wake up screaming in pain!). The hubby has been SOOOO generous about giving me a back rub or leg rub, or sometimes both, every night, even after he's put in a hard day of work. I'm spoiled!
Cravings: Hmmmm this is a toughie. I don't really have any big 'cravings'. I miss sushi probably more than anything & I really do miss a glass of wine (or a cold beer when we're at the lake). Mainly I just always want something meaty. The other day I was shopping & got sooo hungry that I had to go through a drive-thru immediately. I'm really embarassed to say this, but all I wanted was a Big Mac. Yep, I devoured that thing - all 2 patties, 3 buns, and fully loaded with their special sauce. I think that was my first-ever Big Mac. The baby loved it (and so did I!)
Movement: YESSS!!! Tons of movement!!!! It's no longer quick swift jabs & kicks either. It's almost like she's stretching her legs out & keeps pushing.....shifts her position......keeps stretching those legs & then curls back up in her fetal position. You can see my stomach moving each time she kicks & squirms & wiggles around. I love it. Sometimes we'll just lie on the couch & watch my stomach move around. I think she also really likes my singing. The other day we were driving & I started belting out the song with Miranda Lambert & that got the little bean SO excited!! She was dancing around & kicking like crazy everytime I would sing!
What else would you like to know? We are constantly getting asked......
"Do you have the nursery finished?" No, but as of Saturday afternoon, we have officially started on the nursery! We bought the black chandelier (that I am absolutely obsessed with) and the hubby got it hung up while I was at lunch with my aunts! I couldn't have been happier when I came home & saw it hung up & looking absolutely PERFECT in her future bedroom!
"Are you ready?" Are we ready as in, is everything in the house ready for the baby? No. We have the car seat, pack n play, stroller, and a very small handful of clothes for her to wear. But I don't care about any of that. I am sooo ready to meet my little girl!! Although, she can continue to grow for a tad bit longer, at our appointment last week she weighed in at 3lbs 1oz & is in the 66th percentile! Let's hope I go a little early to prevent furthur pain of having a big baby naturally. The thought terrifies me.
"Are you still working out" Yes. I am still teaching jazzercise- my last class is Thursday at 7am. I still want to continue to work out at a less intense level, but will be attending classes 2-3x a week.
"How much weight have you gained?" 20 lbs. I really want to stay between 25-30lbs, but if I go a little over I'm not going to fret. I eat lots of fruit & veggies, and if I want to indulge in a bowl of ice cream 7x a week then I'm going to do that!
Here's a pic that I took this morning, 29 weeks 4 days................. sorry it's a little blurry. I took it with my iPhone & I think my mirror might be a little smudgey dirty.
No comments:
Post a Comment