- For the cool-down in the weather. These 100+ degree temps have made me sweat like never before & my ankles to swell like tennis balls! I spent 3 hrs on the couch last night elevating & icing these cankles I've been sporting. Good thing I had plenty of Sex & The City DVR'd to keep me entertained!
- For my spa appointment. Please do not bother me tomorrow morning between the hours of 9:30am & 11:30am. My phone will be on silent, my booty will be on the warm massage table, and my muscles will be relaxing. Following my hour long prenatal massage, a facial from the ever-wonderful Jenny at Bella. Ahhhhhhh I'm feeling relaxed just thinking about tomorrow!
- For a new milestone - 30 weeks!!! Little baby girl is 30 weeks old today & I am so happy to be enterting the last stretch of this pregnancy!
- For a new way to cook my sweet corn! My friend Moani taught me this amazing trick b/c if you are anything like me, boiling the water, waiting for the corn to cook, and then cleaning the pan, makes sweet corn not as appealing as it should be this time of year. Moani's solution (and this works, I tried it last night & my corn was AMAZING!!) You leave the corn in the husk, throw it in the microwave for 2 min & 30 seconds (if you are doing 2 ears just double it, 3 ears triple it, etc). Let the corn cool off for a couple minutes, then husk it & wash it off. It is steamed perfectly every time & makes cleaning up a breeze! Bring on the sweet corn & farmer's markets!!!!!
- For season 9 of Project Runway starting up last night!!!!! Did anyone watch it? My favorite designer is Anya (the beautiful model from Trinidad). She taught herself how to sew 4 months ago & had one of the top 3 outfits last night! Can you say "she's got skilllz???" That show makes me want to invest in a Brother sewing machine & start making my own duds. Why didn't I pay more attention when I was sewing with my aunt & Betty Stratman for 4-H? It's never too late right? I find myself watching these designers create a masterpiece out of their pajamas & a bedsheet and constantly racking my brain - what would I make for this challenge? What's a new neckline that I could come up with or new dying technique to awe the judges?? I think I'm adding "Learn to Sew + Be on Project Runway" to my never-ending "If I were a stay at home mom, I would......." list.
- For such wonderful customers and friends at jazzercise. Yesterday was my last class & it was bittersweet. My body was aching for me to quit, but I am so sad that I have to take such a long break from teaching. To celebrate (or wallow in my sorrows) I brought a tray of freshly baked homemade banana bread, strawberries, & grapes plus one of my regular jazzercisers, Kathy, surprised me with popcorn and M&M's (yes at 7am popcorn & candy are always appropriate). I felt like I was saying goodbye to some of them forever! But I"m not. I'll be back! I'll be in class, I'll sub when I can (on maternity leave) and be back to teaching probably in January. Some of the gals were sticking around for a double-header class (body sculpting starts at 8:10am) so we snapped a photo of a few of us! Aren't they the cutest???
Hope you're all having a fabulous Friday!!! Leave me a note about what you're thankful for on this beautiful summer day!!!!
I am thankful for you & your fabulous little girl, who I'll get to meet soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the corn tips, I'm grabbing some sweet corn from the papa this weekend =)
Andddddddddd, I CANNOT WAIT to catch up on Project Runway!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah!!! Need to watch tonight. Or right now.
ReplyDelete