Theme: Vintage Hollywood
Color Scheme: Violet Smoke (lilac+gray), Chrome, Black, Cream
Inspiration: This fabulous nursery designed by the gals over at Dwellings & Decor
Since the bedding in the picture above is over $900, I am re-creating my own version of this nursery.......
Paint Color:
Crib / Dresser set: Summer's Evening by Creations in Antique Black. We are getting the crib & dresser in the picture (not the hutch attached to the dresser). Above the dresser will be this fabulous black 'vintage' looking mirror that I basically am designing the entire nursery around (best part about it, I scored the mirror for $40 originally $160!!).
Dresser Knobs: I am going to swap out the standard black knobs for something crystal, sparkly & glam looking. I haven't decided for sure, but these are the contenders......I'll take votes, just leave a comment on my blog :) All the knobs are from Anthropolgie.
Bedding: This is still on my To-Do List. I am thinking of sticking to something fairly neutral & since Violet Smoke isn't really the most popular color choice for bedding manufacturers, I am looking more towards cream sheets, and a bumper + bed skirt in cream + gray. With the dark crib & dark walls, I want the bedding to be light & airy.
Lighting: A Vintage Hollywood nursery just screams black chandelier!!!! Oh yes, we definetely need a sparkly focal point in the center of the room!! Something like this....
A few other items to touch note on. We are still looking for a nice, big, comfy chair to rock the little one back to sleep in. Thinking either chocolate brown or gray, we've found some at Babies R Us that we like! Also, need to find curtains once we have the bedding, either in cream or gray depending how the nursery looks. All these finishing touches will probably come into play end of September, considering what a procrastinator I am.
I will, of course, be posting pictures of the progress of the room once I get my hands on that paintbrush!!! TGIF!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment