***I started this post waaaaay back on Sept 28th, so when reading this, just pretend that it's still the end of September & I still had a full 12 weeks of maternity leave left.
I'd like to introduce you to my daughter, Everly Grace. Yes, it is still weird for me to say those words outloud (or even think them) my daughter, but weird in a really good, happy, melts my heart kind of way.
This is Everly a few short hours after she was born. So much has changed since 3:12PM on Friday, September 23rd. My whole life has changed. Was this little girl really not even in our lives one week ago? I can't even imagine running to Walgreens without her right now, it feels like she's been in our life for years. And I can't get enough of her. I want to be kissing on her & squeezing her & just staring at her sleep all day long. Lucky for me, I have the next 11 weeks & 2 days off of work. The hubs has been home with us all week & I don't want it to end. We have had the best week taking stroller rides, going to the pediatrician, cooking supper together, watching movies & staying up past midnight all snuggled up as a family of 3 on the couch. I'm so sad this week is coming to an end. Next week it will be Everly & I hanging out all day, anticipating daddy's arrival home from work each day! So here's some updates on my little Evie Grace.......
Saturday Sept 24th
Evie had lots of visitors on Saturday so she was all dressed up in her new outfit ready to meet her family & friends! And yes, she loves her daddy already & boy does he love her. It makes me swoon everytime I catch the 2 of them hanging out together. He is the most amazing father already, I feel so blessed to have such a great husband & dad for our kiddos.
Sunday Sept 25th
We got to come home from the hospital on Sunday! What a car ride home that was! I sat in the back with Everly while the hubs drove us home. We definetely took our time on the drive home. We paused for more than 3 seconds at stop signs & even stopped for a light that was still yellow! Everly was introduced to her new home & I think she likes it here! Our dog, Dr Drake Remoire, has taken to Evie better than I ever expected. For the most part he just ignores her. He's sniffed her things a few times, but hasn't gotten close to her. I think our dog has done some growing up these past few days too! I think this is my all-time favorite picture of my little monkey. She just happened to whip out this little half smile right when I was taking her picture. It makes her daddy & I smile everytime we look at this picture.
Monday Sept 26th
It's crazy to think that if I wouldn't have had her already, I would have been induced on Monday. Her timing was perfect, I didn't want to get induced plus having the weekend with family in town was just perfect. Monday turned out to be our first day at home just the 3 of us, family had all gone home & we started our day with a trip to the pediatrician & lactation consultant (who is so helpful - love her!). We got stuff done around the house & spent the majority of our day just loving on our new baby girl. Who needs to do laundry when we can entertain ourselves for hours over the cute facial expressions she gives us during her naps!
Tuesday Sept 27th
We visited the lactation consultant again today. She weighed in at 6lbs 14oz so she's got some weight to gain, but we are getting a feeding schedule established. Instead of nursing full-time, I'm also pumping to bottle feed her. This method is a godsend & I think that's why she sleeps so well at night. I know how much milk she's getting plus we're not spending an hour eating at 4am so it gives me more time to sleep too! She's already establishing a good schedule, usually eats around midnight, 4:30am & then again at 7:30am. We are already seeing that she's very relaxed & easy-going, must take after daddy!
Wednesday, Sept 28th
Happy Birthday Grandpa John!!!! Today was our first full day with no appointments! JJ & I enjoyed it by sleeping in & he even worked on the basement for part of the afternoon while I had visitors! JJ & I have agreed, this is the best week of our life. Everly is changing everyday & I can't take enough pictures of my little peanut! Also, I had said before she was born that her nickname would be Evie. Meeting her though, I think Everly fits her better & I don't find myself ever calling her Evie. So for now, we are nixing the nickname & just sticking with Everly. If she wants to shorten when she's older, that's up to her!
Thursday, Sept 29th
Today was a big day! Everly had her newborn pictures taken & she was a little rockstar! Maybe our photographer says this about everyone, but she kept saying how Everly won the 'best behaved' award. We got all the pics taken in record time with only 1 feeding & 2 poopy diapers (well I say 'diapers' loosely). Everly decided to go to the bathroom during the one photo shoot that she was butt naked. So in the picture below, she had actually pooed herself, but we decided to leave her in the position because she was already posed & ready.
Our amazing photographer? Loni Mae - check out her website here!
Friday, Sept 30th
Not gonna lie, this day was a tearjerker for me. For one, Everly turned one week old. I know one week sounds like a no biggie, but trust me, it's a big deal for a new mom. Something that made this day a little tougher for me? JJ had to return to work. I was already emotional celebrating her milestone birthday, but then having our 'best week ever' come to an end kinda put me over the edge. So I cried alot, I looked at pictures on my phones & camera from the past week, and I drowned my sorrows in frozen mini Snickers bars. Then at 3:12pm (the time she was born), I cried a little more remembering what is now known as "The Best DAY of my Life". I know people say you forget about the pain, but it's so true. I would relive that day 100 times over pain & all, just to have that day back. I am meaning to post my Birth Story, so stay tuned! I wasn't crying because I was sad, but because the emotions of everything that had happened were really hitting me. It was the happiest day of my life & I love this little girl more than I could have ever imagined.





No comments:
Post a Comment