Thursday, August 25, 2011

have you ever.......

Written a letter with no intention to send it? I've always heard how that can make a person feel better, so today I tried it. See in the industry I work in, my customers can be jerks. I wear my heart on my sleever & I take things personally. And I don't appreciate being hung up on by some arrogant equipment dealer. When it comes to confrontation though, I'm horrible at it. If it gets brought up, then yes I will definetely tell you what's on my mind, but I am not going to make the first move in bringing up my issue with you. So after he hung up on me yesterday, my first thought was to let it go. Then I started thinking about how rude that was & how the one time his wife couldn't get a hold of me (on a Sunday evening) she left me some nasty voicemail and made me cry when I listened to it the next morning. So I wanted to call him back & tell him off. But I couldn't do it. I'm in customer service & I get paid because of his business, and the last thing I wanted to do was stir the pot. And anyways, if I would have called him back do you think he would have answered? Um. No.

So that was yesterday.......today I'm still fuming over this. Why you ask? I don't know. Maybe I'm just fed up. P.S.....I really didn't mean for this to be a venting session, but sorry that it kind of turned into that! To get the whole thing off my chest I tried a little journaling excercise. I wrote him an email (but did NOT put his email address in the "send" line.) Could you imagine what would happen if I would have out of habit, hit "Send"? That would have been catastrophic. So instead, I told him exactly how I felt & in the most non-customer service, unpolite way possible, I told him off. And it felt GREAT!!!

.............Is it bad that I can't bring myself to delete my email draft? It's like subconscioulsy I actually want to send this email to him!!!! Eventhough I know I could never do that.......or could I?? I will be leaving for maternity leave in about 6 weeks.......hahah Only Kidding!!!! I would prefer to have a job when I return to work in December!!!

Have you ever written a letter with no intention of ever sending it? Did you feel better afterwards?

1 comment:

  1. hi hi hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh, first things first.
    you=cutest pregnant lady, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wish i was close enough to come hug you, kiss your belly, and give you a back massage!!!!!!
    i miss you heids!!!!!!!!

    the letter thing, is FABULOUS!!!!
    you'll start feeling better as soon as you begin writing!!! and you also know that you won't ever have a regret, because you never actually sent it or told them, but you did get it off your chest!!!

    occasionally i've had a blogging hangover though, the next morning i will re-read what i wrote and be a bit embarrassed or wondered if i offended anyone :)

    i think the unsent and unpublished letter is best :)

    love you bestieboo.

    ReplyDelete