Thursday, August 11, 2011

what's my signature???

Who doesn't love a little personality quiz? Remember the days of reading YM & taking those absolutely irrelevant personality quizzes like "Do you Want a Summer Fling or the Real Thing" or  "What Type of Man is Right for You"? Something about getting a defined answer about your personality or your life makes those quizzes so addictive. Are they full of bologna? Yes. But I can never resist the opportunity to take a quick quiz, especially if it's about my home decor style (I gave up on finding out my personality - type a long time ago & have just learned that I can be calm & laid-back one day & an antsy pantsy-get-in-your-face kinda gal the next, there's no constant).  I ran across this cute little post from the folks over at Young House Love who took their own Style Personality Quiz today. I couldn't resist! The quiz is really short (almost too short, makes me wonder how they came up with my style diagnosis off 5 questions) and you just click on the image that grabs your attention first!!
...........Drum roll........................
Hmmm Elegance. At first glance I thought I was going to have to re-take it, maybe I got a little click happy on the right-hand photo & didn't think it through. But after reading the description, I'm happy to claim my Elegant Style. I would like my home to be described as: Luxurious yet beautifully liveable. A cosmopolitan mix of clean woods paired with chic, enduring fabrics. I am absolutely swooning over some examples of an "Elegance-type" room!!

......Loving the crystal accents & dark walls! Comparing it to our current bedroom, we also have the crystal accents & neutral bedding, maybe I do have that elegant touch!
This dining room might be a little too "Park Avenue" for me. It looks like something Charlotte York-Goldenblatt would be dining on her cous-cous at. But I do love the mix of the dark basebords with the white paneling.....and that wallpaper is gorgeous!


Curious what your design personality is??? Go here to take the What's Your Signature quiz & then let me know what your results are!! Okay totally random but I just now (at 6:24pm) realized that I forgot to go pick up our new pendant lights that came in today, that was on my to-do list for my lunch break! Add to it that I also forgot to put the roast in the crockpot over lunch......... this baby brain thing is no joke!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I'm Vintage type of girl! I love the rustic touch to an elegant room! :)

    ReplyDelete