Thursday, November 10, 2011

At 7 weeks....

Let me start by saying this post was actually supposed to be a wrap-up of Everly's adventures as of 6 weeks old. But I'm 6 days late on posting that, so we're going to go with what Everly has been up to as of 7 weeks (minus one day). Here's a picture of my little snuggle-bug today at the dentist. Check out her Uggs-look a like boots (thanks Aunt Tara!)And her rhinestone studded "hug me" onesie from Steph & Dr. O! My liitle diva in the making)
At 7 weeks Everly has.....
  • slept a solid 6 1/2 hrs. We are getting closer to a full nights sleep!
  • Been to daycare at Jazzercise 2 times & slept the entire class each time. Am I jinxing myself for class tomorrow morning?
  • Hung out at the hair salon while I got my hair done
  •  doctor's office, dentist office, been on multiple shopping trips, the Parade of Homes, Hyvee, Super Target, Kohls, etc
  • Attended a Bluejay Volleyball game to cheer on Aunt Gabby
  • and Midland Basketball game to cheer on Uncle Alex
  •  
  • As of tomorrow, Everly will also get to participate in her first deer hunting weekend at the Deyle household & meet all 4 of her cousins (from 3 years old to 4 weeks old!)
  • Celebrated her 1st Halloween as a ballerina
  • Is getting soooo close to rolling over. I know she wants to do it & that scares mom because it's really nice knowing I can set her somewhere & she won't move.
  • Has officially outgrown all Newborn clothes. Moving onto 0-3 sized clothes means a whole new wardrobe to choose from!
  • Will shoot us a smile or two per day. Hasn't officially entered that smiley stage, but I try every goofy face & dorky sound I can to get her to smile. It's the weird things that she smiles at....like the time I wiped a booger from her nose & she shot me a grin, or when JJ was leaving for work in the morning & he was giving me a hug goodbye and she was lying there just smiling ear to ear in her sleep, and one time during one of my goofy shows I was putting on for her.
  • Her eyes are still blue, hair is still dark, and according to JJ & I's unofficial measurement the other night, she is 22" long.
  • She loves her "play gym" and it's the cutest thing when she punches at her mini punching bags....
I've been slacking a little bit too but finally getting caught up---finally bought a baby book, started teaching jazzercise again (and just working out in general feels amazing!), and am completely caught up on sending out Thank You notes & announcements. Everly & I are really getting into a groove with this stay-at-home mom stuff! I really could do this all day everyday. Since that's not an option for our family (JJ insists that I give my new position at work a fair shot), I am going to take it week by week, day by day & if something isn't working, then we will adjust until it works for us. But for now, I'm enjoying my mornings snuggling with my baby during my new fav morning TV show (Kathy Lee & Hoda on the Today Show), power cleaning/organizing/laundry over her naptime, and having home cooked meals on the table for my husband every night. I've been experimenting with new recipies & foods (who knew sweet potatoes could be THAT good), and by my questionaire from the hubs, his favorite meal that I've made so far this week is chicken stuffed with wild rice stuffing, baked sweet potatoes w/butter & brown sugar, and mixed veggies. I really do feel like a gourmet cook some days & it gives me the sense of productivity & accomplishment that some women get from working outside the home. I guess I'll just keep that tucked in the back of my mind for when the day comes that I finally do get stay  home & raise all my kiddos! For now, I'll just be grateful for the upcoming paycheck, girl time with my fab co-workers, and challenges not having to do with feeding schedules that I have to look forward to.....in 5 weeks. Let's not jump the gun on this going back to work fiasco. Can you tell it's weighing on my mind though? Have a Happy Friday & a big Thank You to all our Veterans.....and Happy (hopefully LUCKY) birthday to my beautiful friend Lindsey! Wouldn't this just be the coolest day to celebrate on? Linds you should buy yourself a lottery ticket tomorrow. Here's a cute pic that I found of Lindsey & I from back in 2005!!! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment