Thursday, November 17, 2011

Am I losing my mind??...

Um yes, I think I am. I've become this spacey, scattered brained, unable to concentrate version of myself. Sometimes after I've stopped to chat with someone in public, I'll walk away asking myself, what in the world was I even babbling about? Is it because I get so excited to talk to an adult during the day that my mouth just starts running without my brain even monitoring what's coming out of it? Well, today I had another "what am I doing??" episode.

For the past few years I've been badgering the hubs on getting a fireplace for our newly renovated basement. Since it hasn't been happening on his watch, I decided to take matters into my hands. So Everly & I took a little road trip across town to The Fireplace Center. We ventured out without looking up the address or bringing my iPhone or iPad with Internet access. I guess I thought I knew where it was? Well, I didn't. We were driving through every small shopping district in the area until I finally decided to waste 75 cents & called 411. They read me off the phone number & connected me.....no answer. Crap what was that number they read off? 421....8352??? Yes I think that was it.... I waited a few more minutes & tried calling again. No answer but this time I didn't get the fireplace centers voicemail, it was someone's personal phone. Whoops hate when that happens! Drove around some more.. Where is this place??? Finally decided I would have to call 411 again & have the # texted to me. Go to my recent calls & thought I chose to call 411. A man answered on the 3rd ring. Oh shoot did I accidentally call that random # I had made up to be The Fireplace Center? I used my polite, high-pitched, girliest voice & said to the man "ohhh I'm so sorry, I must have the wrong number!" (insert girly laugh). Man says "ok that's fine." and he hangs up. I hang up in embarrassment thinking the man seemed a little confused & felt really dumb being "that caller" who had called him twice now & not even dialing the right number. I go back to my recent calls to make sure I actually dialed 411 this time when I notice my most recent call...... What?? I had accidentally called JJ & not random man?? Oh geeeeeezzzz I feel like a tard!!! No wonder he sounded confused! I wonder if my husband realized that I didn't even know that I was talking to him & how idiotic I sounded saying I had called the wrong number!!!! Let me also just say that I did receive my text from 411 containing the address & phone# of my destination.....I read the text, looked up at the buildings in front of me & there it was!! Wouldn't you know, I was in the parking lot of the fireplace center! Sigh.....

Jump to an hour later.... We get home & I take clean clothes out of the dryer, move clothes from washer to dryer....and then proceed to put my clean, newly dried clothes back in the washing machine.....and that's when I came to the conclusion that yes, I am losing my mind!! Baby brain is no joke & pretty sure it just keeps getting worse!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha!! Come back! These stories would be so much better in person!!!!!

    ReplyDelete