My what-a-huh?? My Jazzer-versary!! Well, I'm a couple days late posting this, but on Saturday, it was exactly one year since I became a Jazzercise instructor!! It's one of those things that I had ALWAYS wanted to do, but never thought it was a good time to do it. I felt like I was too young to become an instructor or it wasn't the right time in my life or that I wouldn't be good enough. Yet, last March when the owner of my jazzercise center asked me if I would want to start-up & teach a 7am class on Tuesday & Thursday mornings, it didn't take long for me to say yes. I'll admit, there was one time when I was in my hotel room in Denver & I put on a little Beyonce & fake taught a jazzercise song.
About 3 months later, I went through a weekend-long workshop where I auditioned, took classes on all aspects of the company & the class structure, and then was officially a certified instructor! The thing that I love about this company is that it's worldwide & I could start teaching anywhere around the world that has a center (or if they don't have a center, I could always open one of my own). The class structure is setup so customers burn up to 600 calories in one hour (yes 600 calories!!!) and since I've started teaching the class, I've seen a huge change in my body. I work harder & burn more calories on stage than I ever did as a student plus with all the dancing I do in my living room learning new routines, it's working out without ever feeling the dread of going to the gym. I get to teach with the best group of instructors who are so supportive & so much fun!
In January we held our "Girls Night Out" Party for all customers who attended 150 classes or more last year. The night was capped off by a couple of bartenders who got up on stage & danced to some Usher and then served everyone drinks! Here's a pic of most of us instructors at Superior Pointe Jazzercise!

No comments:
Post a Comment