I met my soulmate. Unexpectedly. When I wasn't looking, there he was. That's how it usually happens I've decided. I was happy, I was single & I was a lifeguard at the Knolls Country Club. I didn't know any of the other lifeguards very well (it was just the start of summer!) when one of them (Lindsey Ribbens Leif) asked me if I wanted to go to a party with her that night. It was her boyfriend's neighbor's graduation from college party. Now, normally, I would have shyed away from going to a party with a bunch of strangers, but for some odd reason, that afternoon, I said "sure!" Little did I know, Lindsey & I would be friends for life & she would be introducing me to my future husband.
The rest of the story gets to be a little long.....a little boring.....and involves Jungle Juice & Climbing on the Roof (sorry, that's all you get!). But as they say, the rest is history!!!!!
June 10, 2004, Lindsey & I in the garage at the party. We were BFF's already.
My 20th Birthday (11 days after we met)! Don't we look so young? Yuck. I look like I could lose a few pounds in the double chin area....just saying...
So what are us young kids doing to celebrate?? I know, I know, celebrate the day you met??? Um Yes. I do that. I may be corny but my husband reluctantly agrees each year to celebrate it with me. Nothing big, just dinner & maybe a movie if I'm lucky! So tonight, we have reservations at Vincenzo's (baby bean is craving Italian pasta!!) Sounds like a good excuse for a much needed date night!! Happy Weekend!
oh heidi, you wouldn't believe how BIG i'm smiling :)
ReplyDeletewhat a special night, and of course one i'll never forget (along with the time we fake slipped in the bed downstairs at casey's because the cops were knocking on the door!)
so happy you two met, and fell in love, and got married and ARE NOW HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are a beautiful friend, one that i cherish more than you would know. i love you and am more than excited for you to join me in motherhood.
happy daythatyoumet any heidi and jj!!!!!!!!!!!
love you both!!!!!!!