Wednesday, February 2, 2011

D is for....

Diva?
Delicious??
Darling???
Domesticated????
Debonoir?????? (I don't really know what this words means & probably spelled it wrong)
D is for Deyle! P.S....can you see all the cute pics of nieces & nephew??? They are so stinkin adorable!!!!!
My mother-in-law made this for us as our 2 year anniversary present. I absolutely love it! I think it screams vintage (the frame she found in a consignment shop) / sophisticated (the "D" she found in an antique shop in Estes Park, CO), with a modern twist. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she sewed us throw pillows to match that fabric in the background?? She's amazing. She could take a block of wood & make a bench. Not kidding.  The hubs told me that I should spend a weekend with her so she can teach me how to sew & build things. I told him that if he wants a bench made from a chunk of wood, then she would gladly make one for him.

So this "D" is my inspiration. For our someday home. It's going to be our beautiful, peaceful, serene home on 20+ lush, green acres. Where troubles will melt like lemondrops & snow will be fluffy & warm. In our someday home it will be a mix of cozy, vintage, modern, & organized (kinda like my "D"). I want white washed baseboards & dark, worn floors. My rooms will have a touch of sparkle with the wood-grained textures.

 
I'll do my bills, blogging, scrapbooking & any crafty projects in this cozy abode....

And bake tasty treats for my family (and any cake decorating customers) here!

And then after a long day of baking, scrapbooking, teaching jazzercise, & chasing after the 4 kiddos.....I retreat to this big glorious bathtub in my private spa. AHHHHH....I can't wait to move into our Someday Home!


1 comment:

  1. I am also wondering what made you step away from that beautiful piece of jewelry! Come on girl-yes, Yes, YES get that necklace!

    P.S. I hope the "Someday" home comes with a guest bedroom I can crash once in awhile. I'm loving the rest of the place.

    ReplyDelete