Sunday, February 6, 2011

weekend

What a FUN weekend I've had so far!! ....Best Part? It's only 9:45am Sunday morning so technically my weekend of fun is only half over!! What have I been up to?? Well, LOTS!

Yesterday I spent the majority of my morning/afternoon finishing up the cakes for my little buddy Camden's 1st Birthday Party!!! I will post the cake decorating pictures later on today, but sneak peek....here's Cam & his adorable little family (I work with his mama & papa--Lacey & Evan)...and sorry Lace, this photo of you guys is sooooo old!!

Then after I dropped off the cakes, had to quick run home, shower & head off to our first wedding of 2011! Yes, two more of my co-workers, Kate & Brett, tied the knot!! (well, Kate is a former co-worker). Did I mention how much FUN we had at the wedding???!!! Spent the evening with the girls that I absolutely LOVE & couldn't imagine going to work without!!

Here's the girls...minus Karla who was partying it up on the bus :( 

 While us girls were off dancing, drinking, gabbing away....the guys had a little bonding time
Remember the episode of Sex & The City where Carrie is Fashion Roadkill??? I watched re-runs of S&TC all night Friday night & that was one of the episodes on. Inspirations for my wedding hair?? Carrie, of course!! See the resemblence???.......So mad that all I had w/me was my iPhone so my pictures aren't the best.



 
So enough of our extremely photogenic table......onto the happy couple!!!
Kate & Larry......BRETT!! Ooopss TYPO!!


Besides the Grande Manse typing the groom's name wrong on about everything in the reception hall, the day went off without a hitch! Hey, they even got a nice day outside!! Cute CUTE couple!!
My favorite part? Brett is an amazing drummer in a band called LazerWolfe. I know, even their name screams Crazy Fun/Wild Time doesn't it? The band performed a number of songs & then........every girls DREAM!!! Brett SANG (yes he sang, normally he just plays his drums silently) but he surprised Kate with a solo of "Whatever It Is" by the Zac Brown Band. It was the sweetest, custest, most adorable thing ever. And for one split second (well actually probably two minutes & thirty seconds) I wished that my husband had musical skills. And pretty sure every girl in that room was wishing the same thing as me....I mean who wouldn't be a teeny bit of jealous of that??!!! The pic of Brett singing is not really the best (ok, it's horrible) but have to share so maybe you can get the vibe of love Love LOVE that was in the room during the song!

CONGRATS to the happy couple!! Have fun in Cabo Kate & Larry!!!!
Okay gotta run, lots to do before my weekend quickly comes to an end!!! Have a great DAY!! Check back later for my Camden's cake photos!

3 comments:

  1. ahahhha!!!! heids!!!!! i LOVE reading your blog :) it's like we are chatting on the phone!! i almost want to talk back you, as if we were having a real convo. LOVE it.
    ok
    seriously.
    i, too, have been watching sex and the city reruns ALL the time lately.....love me some carrie time.
    i just watched the episode where everyone was late to her bday party and then Big showed up at her appartment with red balloons in his limo :)
    i miss you sweet lovie.
    love you SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great night!

    Just posted a pic of you & JJ if you want to steal it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. Is this font cambria? Def my email default at the Sandbox!

    ReplyDelete