Tuesday, February 1, 2011

hello world....

 Let me start by introducing myself!
My name is Heidi & this is the hubs JJ. The pic is from our trip to the Dominican Republic.....no, unfortunately, we don't live on a beach. There is actually a raging snowstorm outside right now, proof that we are still in the heart of the Midwest. But this pic made me happy thinking of the white sand, hot sun, Tequila Sunrises & beautiful friends who had just gotten married on the beach!

My family.

 My sister is 14 & quite the little photographer. I'm actually jealous of  her skills & artistic eye. Not to mention she's an athlete.....which I NEVER was!!  My brother is 21 & we are closer than ever. I love how he calls me when he needs advice on girls. And I love how when I'm traveling & no one else that I know will still be awake....... except him. And I love that he will stay up into all hours of the Central time zone night to chat with me. If you can't tell by his 6'4" demeanor......he got the athletic genes as well.

My baby. Dr. Drake Remoire. Sometimes I feel like I gave birth to him. Seriously!! I love my loyal furball so much. When the hubs traveled every single week for month after unending month, Dr. Drake was my bff. If you don't have a dog, then I know I probably sound like a nutjob. It's okay. I'll admit it.

We have made our cozy home for 3 in a house built in 1999 & I'm completely obsessed with re-doing every room in the house. Current project = Basement. Current Length of Project......going on 13 months. Normally I would be okay with this long project because I'm not doing much of the work. BUT my master bath is next on the list so I am dyyyyinngggg to get the basement DONE!!! When we bought our house 2 years ago I proclaimed that we were gutting the master bath FIRST!
TO DO LIST
  1. Master Bathroom
  2.  Guest Bathroom
  3. Basement + Bath
Well, I'm so indecisive that it kept getting pushed to the bottom of the list so I could figure out what I wanted to do. BIG MISTAKE letting the basement take precendece!!!! I am learning my lesson & can't WAIT to show you our basement progress as we go along!
Have a Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. oh beautiful heidi.
    i'm SO SO excited that you are blogging.

    i can already tell from your first post, it's going to be a blast reading about your cute little life :)

    snow storm. GAG. meet me at the beach. and soon.
    i love you sweet friend.

    rockin the blog - LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so is this the next big thing? its not enough for people to get a glimpse of peoples lives through statuses, not we get every little detail?! And sry bout your lack of unathleticism sis, but u rep your 5'6'' well haha

    ReplyDelete