Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Boy or Girl??

Pink or Blue? Him or Her?

Countdown to when we find out.....5 weeks!! I'm giddy & sitting on the edge of my seat patiently waiting for the day. I will be going for a shopping spree at Baby Gap & Old Navy, online shopping for bedding & decoratings, browsing for baby names.....oh I absolutely can't wait!!!!

Until that day though, I can only ponder & guess what we are having. So after doing some online searches, here's what the old wives tales are predicting that I am carrying....

Chinese Gender Chart
 BOY!

Heart rate: The old wives tale says that if the baby's heart rate is over 140 beats per minute, it's a girl, below 140 bpm then supposedly it's a boy.
GIRL! At the 1st doctor appointment the HR was 180 bpm!! FAST! My next appointment is Thursday so I'm excited to see if it will have changed!

Cravings: They say if you crave sweet then it's a girl, sour/salty it's a boy.
BOY! I haven't even been craving a bowl of ice cream (which is so unlike me). I've been craving milk & beef. So not really sure if that would classify as sour/salty......I think I'm going to call this one inconclusive.

Numbers: The old wives tale says you can tell the gender by looking at the mother's age at conception & year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even & one's odd, it's a boy
BOY! (26 & 1-January)

Key Test: You place a key on the table & if you pick it up by the narrow part, you're having a girl. If you pick it up by the round top part, you're having a boy. Not sure why anyone would pick up a key by the sharp jaggedy edge.....
BOY!

Ring: You hang your wedding ring on a piece of string & place it over your belly. If it swings back & forth it's a girl, if it swings in a circle, boy.
GIRL!

Sick as a dog means you're having a girl, hardly an queasiness points to a boy.
GIRL!

Looks like BOY has the majority here but just be a wee bit! I'm not going to go out & buy a cute camo onesie just yet though, not sure how much I buy into some of these old wives tales..... but it's fun to keep me guessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment